Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 2008!

It's catch up time. I've been sick with a horrible cold the past few days (perhaps since Christmas) and I've not been motivated to do anything! That includes cleaning up the house, cooking, updating the blog, changing out of my PJ's, etc. So, today I had to get up and take the kids to violin lessons. That meant changing out of my PJ's - YUCK! - and into normal clothing. Of course, when I went to drop off the kids at school, I discovered there was an hour delay. What????? O.K. I'm now officially an at-home mom - I no longer work in the school system. How can I tell? I wasn't excited that the kids had an hour delay! Anyway, to the point, I got home from putting the chillins on the bus and lo and behold I am now motivated! I put away all the Christmas stuff, threw away the greenery making messes on my floor, and vacuumed. The only things left are the outside lights. I'm NOT motivated to go out in the freezing cold, hurricane force wind. Tom will just have to do that. Of course, now that busy season has started, we'll have lights on the bushes until April (right, Katie?) :)

Anyway, I've added the latest violin recital. Please don't listen too closely. The kids were on Christmas break and weren't into practicing! Also, don't think their facial expressions give any indication as to what they think of violin. They are concentrating on remembering the music - HONESTLY! Well, maybe they don't like it all the time.
We also celebrated Tom's birthday since Christmas. He's such a youngster. :) Of course, most people think he's older than me with all the gray on the sides. Halleluiah!

2 comments:

katie k-h said...

you make me laugh!! i miss you so much!! won't you please come back??

you know, my fear with the lights outside last year was HONESTLY that they would be up until May!! i kid you not. therefore, with a swift kick, josh was sent into the cold yesterday to take down the lights. (happy new year, josh!)

and, i can only imagine your frustration this am. i was in shock that i was "early" today for school. the buses weren't lined up ready to charge through the gate, as usual! i figured out that we were delayed when i pulled into the lot. (should have known that i wasn't actually early.)

i hope you're feeling better. take it easy. and i'll call tomorrow evening.

fondly,

katie

katie k-h said...

just tagged you, diane.

check out my blog. : )

~katie