We seriously lived for sea days on this trip (I didn't like 2 in a row, but after 3 days of touring here and there, one sea day is nice.) For me and Tom, it meant we could get up later, work out, eat breakfast, read/blog/nap, eat lunch, read, nap, wander around the ship, have a margarita/mojito, eat dinner, read, and sleep. For the kids, since they usually stay up late the night before with their new friends (from Australia, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Great Britain, Los Angeles, Seattle, Maryland, Atlanta, etc.), their days at sea don't even start until 11 a.m. or so. Then they eat, read, nap, hang out with friends, eat more, hang out with friends, and stay up late. We also had some extra time to climb the rock wall, lounge and play in the sun, and watch a few islands go by.
Today (7/17/13) is our last day on board and our last day at sea. Tom said it was the day he was going all out at the buffet. LOL! He said he's been holding back this entire cruise. You should have seen the two full plates of food he got at breakfast! (Granted, one of the plates was piled with fruit.) I'm just going to enjoy the calm sea and blog/read all day. It's a beautiful day.
I have to say, this has been a wonderful time together as a family. We can definitely find something to laugh about! Here are a few of our silly faces from the trip:
Tomorrow, we'll be flying home. Though this has been the trip of a lifetime, I think we're all ready to get back home. Daniel really misses the pool and his friends (especially David!) What do I miss most? Cooking my own food - knowing exactly what's in it. I'm looking forward to making some great dishes from Barcelona, Italy, Greece, and Turkey. :) (However, I'm not looking forward to doing laundry, cleaning the house, doing dishes, etc. You can get quite spoiled on a cruise!)

2 comments:
Hi there! Saw your blog through Katie's. I loved reading about your trip, and blogging is a great way to remember all the details for years to come! So glad you guys had a good time! Ran into Clare at Simply Charming...so pretty and grown up! I'll miss Daniel around school next year- he's such a good guy, and always making me laugh! Enjoy the rest of your summer! Maybe we'll see you soon.
Hi Michele! Thanks for your kind comments! The kids have really enjoyed having you as a teacher (even though Daniel didn't "officially" have you!) Clare said you looked like you were going to have baby #2 very soon. Good luck!!
Post a Comment