We are in the final weeks of summer. Just a brief overview of life in the Milburn abode: the kids already know who their teachers are going to be this year. Clare has her locker set up and knows where her classes are - she shouldn't have too much trouble on the first day. She also started training with the cross country team last week. The Olympics are keeping us up late at night and preoccupied during the day - I'm exhausted! I must admit that I'm a little excited to have that big yellow bus come and take my kids away during the day so I can get back into my routine! I need to get this house organized!
We did get a chance to head down to NC to see my parents last week, now that swimming is over for a while. Of course, Tom had to work on the road (literally!) part of the time since he has a deadline soon. Our favorite day was when we went hiking with my parents and crazy Uncle Henry. Daniel and Henry raced to be in first place the entire 6 mile hike. The views were amazing, the temperature was in the 70's, and there were blueberries and butterflies everywhere. After the hike, we went sliding down Sliding Rock - the water was COLD! Check out the pictures below. You can click on them to enlarge.


1 comment:
Ahhh...A hike! Sounds like a lot of fun to me! Just walking up the stairs makes me winded.
The photos are gorgeous, Diane. You have such a beautiful family.
Take care-- Katie
Post a Comment