Sunday, August 3, 2008

Championship '08

Yesterday was the end of a fantastic summer swimming season - the championship meet. Unfortunately, it stormed at the beginning of the meet, delaying it 3 hours. Then it stormed again 5 events before the end of the meet and they weren't able to declare a winner! What a shame! After spending about 10 hours at the pool, we were totally exhausted!! Clare and Daniel had a great meet - strong to the end. Both aged up this year and have struggled with not being "the best." I think it was humbling for them, but a good challenge. Not that I don't love summer league swimming, but I'm going to enjoy the next few weeks without having to take them to swimming practice and meets! :)

Here's Daniel waiting out the storm. It was probably good he had his DS to keep him occupied, though the librarian in me would have rather he had his book!

Clare and her good friend, Sara. I'm always amazed they're the same age!

Silly Daniel!

Can you tell which one is Daniel? It's a wonder he can actually see out of his goggles!


Here's Clare swimming the butterfly in the 100m medley relay. They were seeded around 12th, but came in 4th!

Daniel swam a great butterfly. He came in 3rd - the fastest 9 yr. old!

No comments: