Sunday, October 14, 2007

Pumpkin Hunting!

We went to the pumpkin patch today. What a gorgeous day! The kids found plenty of pumpkins they wanted -- especially BIG pumpkins. I had to remind them that I was paying by the pound!


Daniel's pumpkin was the biggest by far - he could barely carry it! We'll see if he is able to get all the guts out of it when we start carving. Last year, he wore latex gloves - he thinks it's gross. I seem to remember I did most of it.


This was a pretty big pumpkin for Clare - she ended up getting one that was a little smaller. She wanted to get one that was round and fat and easily carved. These pictures remind me that she's growing up - FAST!

I wonder what happens to all the pumpkins that aren't bought? There were a ton at this market. We had a great time picking out the pumpkins. Soon we'll post pictures of the final carvings!

No comments: