Friday, August 31, 2007

End of Summer . . . First Day of School

We had Clare's best buds over on the last day of summer. What a "fun" day! (O.K. you K-ville girls! I don't have a perfect family -- "fun" here includes the major fights I had with my 13 -- ooops! -- 10 year old daughter. One because I wouldn't let her wear the itsy bitsy teeny weenie bikini she wanted to wear. Another because of the way she was doing her hair. (Am I turning into my mother??????) Actually, once it was all said and done, it was a fun day. The girls really are great. The boy in the background is one of their classmates acting like a monkey. Isn't he sweet?

Oh, the first day of school. This year is sooooo different! I'm not working outside the home now and I actually had a pretty peaceful day. Tom and I ran 7 this morning before the kids got up. There was no rushing around to pack lunch and brush teeth. They even made their beds and practiced their violins!! AND we got to the bus stop about 15 min. early (after walking 1/4 mile with Mia!)

** NOTE to the previous blog entry: Yes, it does seem like a brochure for a family vacation to New England. Sorry I didn't include info such as the fight the kids had during the first 1/2 hr. about what DVD they were going to watch, or the fight they were having as we were pulling into Hershey Park about the 2nd DVD they were going to watch (they didn't know we were there!) It doesn't include the constant battle with Clare about paddling the canoe -- she sure does know how to ruin a perfectly peaceful canoe ride. It doesn't include Tom and me hashing it out on the windy canoe ride because we weren't going anywhere! It doesn't include the multitude of "I'm bored"s from Daniel while we were at the lake -- he didn't read as much -- or the "Can I get that??" whenever we went shopping. It doesn't include Daniel complaining every time we went out to dinner, "I don't want Chinese!" or "Malaysian!" or "Italian!" And finally, it doesn't include me jumping out of a brief nap to help Clare puke into a grocery bag on the drive home. Better now?

No comments: